Most companies nowadays realize just how important videos are for their internet marketing campaigns. However, there are very few companies that actually realize there is so much more to this method than putting any old video up online and calling it a day.
If you want your video to work for you, then it is vital that it is packed with content that people actually want to watch. If it is bland, then it simply will go unnoticed. Now, there are a number of ways in which you can get creative with your online videos. Here are some of the easiest and most effective ideas.
1. Selling a physical product? Great. You have instant video content right there. Now, you could do something brilliant and produce a ‘how to’ guide to using the product. People will love it as it is so much more descriptive than a chunk of text on your website.
2. Many companies also create ‘seasonal’ content. A company that really sticks in my mind here is a well-known hardware retailer. They sell a particular power tool made for carving wood and other objects. Around Halloween, they launched a demonstration video that had them carving out pumpkins using it. In that industry, it took off like wildfire. That particular product was out of stock within a couple of days.
3. Customers love a company that has a ‘face’. They want to know that if they have a question somebody will be there to answer it for them. If you have a reasonable sized company that actively engages in social media, then it is likely you will have a number of questions coming at you.
4. Now, you could always answer the questions in text form. However, why not do something different? Why not give that answer a bit more of a personal touch? There are a number of companies out there at the moment who are using videos to answer some of the most common questions asked of them through social media. The benefit is that the customers feel ‘special’ and you are also producing good quality content that can be shared.
5. When customers are making the decision as to whether to purchase from you or not, it is likely they will look up reviews online. After all, they want to know that their money is going to be well-spent. If you can, try and get some of your customers to record video testimonials which you can upload to your website and an online video platform. Do NOT pay for video testimonials. People can tell if somebody is not being truthful or not. Only use real customers of yours. People love something that sounds natural (no, actors will not sound natural).
6. Finally, if you wish to capture the attention of viewers, you can always look into the idea of animated videos. These animated videos could be used to give a breakdown of the services that your company offers and how they can benefit the customer. They are so versatile that they can also be used to provide your audience with helpful information, such as advice and tips. They tend to be very eye-catching. Keep it short and simple if you want to keep the viewer hooked right until the end though.
Hope That Helps!